Chief Master Sergeant Douglas C. Isaacks is the command chief master sergeant of the 920th Rescue Wing, Patrick Air Force Base, Florida. As the 920th RQW’s highest ranking enlisted member, Isaacks advises the commander on matters concerning the morale, health, welfare, effective use, training and progress of the enlisted corps of the 920th RQW, including its geographically separated units, the 943rd Rescue Group, Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona; the 304th Rescue Squadron, Portland International Airport, Oregon; and the 920th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, Joint Base Langley, Eustis, Virginia. He also serves as the commander's representative to numerous committees, councils, boards and military and civilian functions.
Chief Isaacks entered the Air Force in May 1993. He has held tactical, operational and strategic positions across Pacific Air Forces, Air Combat Command, Air Force Special Operations Command, U.S. Air Forces Europe, Air Education and Training Command and Air Force Reserve Command. Chief Isaacks has deployed numerous times and supported unilateral, joint and combined civil, combat and special operations missions in South America, the Gulf of Mexico, Southwest Asia, Europe, the North Atlantic Ocean and Africa. Throughout his career, he has filled positions as a pararescue and special tactics team leader, pararescue superintendent, command evaluator, commandant of the Pararescue and Combat Rescue Officer Indoctrination Course and combat training flight chief for explosive ordnance disposal; survival, evasion, resistance, and escape and seven other battlefield Airmen Air Force specialties. Before assuming his current position, he served as the Superintendent of the 920th Operations Group, Patrick AFB, Florida.
1996 Airmen Leadership School, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas
2001 Associate of Applied Science, Security Administration, Community College of the Air Force
2002 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J.
2002 Associate of Applied Science, Personnel Recovery, Community College of the Air Force
2003 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2004 Additional Duty First Sergeant Course, Keflavik Naval Air Station, Iceland
2004 Bachelor of Science, Health Sciences, Touro University, Cerritos, Calif.
2005 Air Education and Training Command Basic Instructor Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2005 Associate of Applied Science, Technology and Military Science, Community College of the Air Force
2007 Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2014 Chiefs’ Orientation Course, Warner-Robbins AFB, Ga.
2015 Master of Business Administration, Trident University International, Cerritos, Calif.
2015 Senior NCO Leadership Course, Patrick AFB, Fla.
2015 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, by correspondence
1. October 1993–October 1994, Security Specialist, 8th Security Police Squadron, Kunsan Air Base, Korea
2. November 1994–February 1998, Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge of Armory, 7th Security Police Squadron, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas
3. March 1998–April 1999, Pararescue Student, 342nd Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
4. May 1999–August 1999, Pararescue Journeyman, 342nd Training Squadron, Pararescue Apprentice Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
5. September 1999–March 2002, Special Tactics Team Leader, 23rd Special Tactics Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
6. April 2002–January 2005, Pararescue Team Leader, 56th Rescue Squadron, Keflavik, Iceland
7. February 2005–September 2006, Commandant Pararescue/Combat Rescue Officer Indoctrination Course, 342nd Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
8. October 2006–February 2009, Command Evaluator, Air Combat Command Headquarters, Langley AFB, Va.
9. March 2009–October 2009, Pararescue Senior Enlisted Manager, 308th Rescue Squadron, Patrick AFB, Fla.
10. November 2009–October 2012, Chief, Combat Training Flight, 342nd Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
11. November 2012–August 2015, Superintendent, 308th Rescue Squadron, Patrick AFB, Fla.
12. September 2015–July 2017, Superintendent, 920th Operations Group, Patrick AFB, Fla.
13. August 2017–present, Command Chief, 920th Rescue Wing, Patrick AFB, Fla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Combat Action Medal
Combat Readiness Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Outstanding Airman of the Year Ribbon
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
National Defense Service Medal with one bronze service star
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with two bronze service stars
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Service Defense Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with one ‘M’ device
1995 Air Combat Command Security Specialist of the Year
1995 Senior Airman Below-the-Zone
2000 23rd Special Tactics Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2001 Bronze Service Star, Operation Enduring Freedom Combat Parachute Jump
2002 Commandant’s Award, McGuire NCO Academy
2003 Sikorsky “Skill and Courage” Rescue Award
2003 56th Rescue Squadron NCO of the Year
2004 85th Group Resource Advisor of Quarter
2004 G-9 Leadership Award
2004 U.S. Air Forces Europe Pararescueman of the Year
2005 Air Force Association Twelve Outstanding Airmen of the Year
2005 Air Force Pararescueman of the Year
2007 Distinguished Graduate, Maxwell-Gunter Senior NCO Academy
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic May 24, 1993
Airman Nov. 24, 1993
Airman 1st Class Sept. 24, 1994
Senior Airman Nov. 24, 1995
Staff Sergeant Aug. 1, 1997
Technical Sergeant July 1, 2001
Master Sergeant July 1, 2004
Senior Master Sergeant March 1, 2007
Chief Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2013
(Current as of August 2017)