Lt Col. Adolph S. Rodriguez Jr. commands the 920th Mission Support Group, Patrick Air Force Base, Florida. His group supports the 920th Rescue Wing’s primary mission to locate and recover U.S. Armed Forces and coalition personnel during military operations. Equipped with 6 HC-130P/N tanker aircraft and 15 HH-60G Pave Hawk helicopters, the 920 RQW also provides safety, clearing and security surveillance of the Eastern Test Range during rocket launches, civil search and rescue and humanitarian/disaster relief operations. Lt Col. Rodriguez supervises installation and mission support to include logistics, civil engineering, force protection, personnel, services and communications.
Prior to commanding the 920th MSG, Lt. Col. Rodriguez served as the Deputy Director, Legislative Affairs, U.S. Cyber Command, Fort Meade, Maryland. He assisted the Commander of USCYBERCOM on all congressional affairs in all legislative matters for the command. He is a graduate of an In-Resident Legislative Fellowship, Capitol Hill, Washington D.C., assigned to Rep. Joe Wilson of South Carolina. Lt. Col. Rodriguez commanded two cyber operations squadrons and led AFRCs development of the Air Force’s defensive cyber operations weapon system, conducting cyber effects at approximately 150 Air Force bases globally. He commissioned in 2001 through Officer Training School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala. as a Distinguished Graduate. Throughout his career, he has held a variety of assignments and leadership positions in special operations, space operations and cyber operations at the Wing, Numbered Air Force and Joint levels.
2000 Associate Degree in Air and Space Technology, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2001 Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Info Technology, Colorado Christian Univ., Denver, Colo.
2001 Distinguished Graduate, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2002 Honor Graduate, Basic Communication Officer Training, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2003 Outstanding Contributor, Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2014 Master of Science degree in Business & Organizational Security Management, Webster Univ., Mo.
2016 Air Force Legislative Liaison Fellowship Program In-Residence IDE, NCR, Washington D.C.
2016 Government Affairs Institute Master’s Certificate, Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
2017 Air War College, by correspondence (enrolled)
2018 Joint and Combined Warfighting School - JPME II, National Defense University, Norfolk, Va.
1. December 2001 - January 2003, Deputy Flight. Commander, 5th Combat Communications Group, Robins AFB, Ga.
2. January 2003 - July 2003, Chief, Combat Plans and Engineering, AF-CENT/A6 FWD, Saudi Arabia
3. July 2003 - May 2004, Flight Commander, Plans & Operations, 5th Combat Communications Group, Robins AFB, Ga.
4. May 2004 - April 2005, Flight Commander, Mission Systems Flt, 752nd Communications Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
5. April 2005 - April 2006, Executive Officer, 552nd Air Control Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
6. April 2006 - January 2008, Chief, NORTHCOM Info Ops, Joint Info Ops Warfare Command, Lackland AFB, Texas
7. January 2008 - November 2011, Chief, SOUTHCOM Info Ops, Joint Info Ops Warfare Command, Lackland AFB, Texas
8. November 2011 - July 2012, Cyber Ops Combat Planner, 24th Air Force, JB San Antonio- Lackland AFB, Texas
9. July 2012 - February 2013, Commander, 452nd Communications Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
10. March 2013 - June 2015, Commander, 426th Network Warfare Sq., JB San Antonio-Lackland AFB, Texas
11. June 2015 - December 2016, Student, AF Legislative Liaison Fellowship Program, NCR, Washington D.C.
12. December 2016 - July 2018, Deputy Director, Legislative Liaison Office, USCYBERCOM, Ft Meade, Md.
13. July 2018 – Present, Commander, 920th Mission Support Group, 920 RQW, Patrick AFB, Fla.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. April 2006 - November 2011, Chief, NORTHCOM/SOUTHCOM Information Operations, Joint Information Operations Warfare Command, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. December 2016 - July 2018, Deputy Director, Legislative Liaison Office, USCYBERCOM, Ft Meade, Md.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf
Joint Service Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with valor and two oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
AF Good Conduct Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border and one oak leaf cluster
2004 Lance P. Sijan Award recipient
2006 Best Large Combat Communications Group in the Air Force
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Dec. 20, 2001
First Lieutenant Dec. 20, 2003
Captain Dec. 20, 2005
Major Mar. 30, 2011
Lieutenant Colonel Sep. 13, 2016
(Current as of July 2018)